Photovoltaic Direct Driven Inverter
Air Conditioning Systems
HydroBall Technics’ collection of Hybrid Solar Air conditioning systems use renewable and green energy sources to power the system. These systems combines photovoltaic (PV) power generation with power consumption of an air-conditioner.
Photovoltaic Direct Driven Inverter Air Conditioning technology is available in Multi VRF Systems as well as Centrifugal Chillers.
The PV panel can be installed on the floor, rooftop, as a curtain wall, on a canopy and can also be integrated in the architectural design of a building.
By using the advanced PV direct-driven technology, the system utilizes solar power generated as opposed to consuming electricity from the grid and prioritizes using solar power over grid power. In summer, power consumed by the air-conditioner is relatively high and the power generated by the solar power generator is also higher. The system ensures a high utilization ratio by matching the consumed electricity units with the solar power generated in order to achieve zero electricity charge.
The power utilized by the air-conditioning system is also balanced by the power generated by the PV panel annually.
System has 5 working modes:
- 1. Pure Air-Conditioning Mode: In this mode, the air-conditioning system draws power completely from the grid and not from the PV generator and the PV system does not work.
- 2. Pure Photovoltaic Mode: In this mode, the air-conditioning system does not work and therefore does not utilise any power from the PV generator and all the generated power is sent into the grid.
- 3. Photovoltaic Air-Conditioning Mode: In this mode, the air- conditioning system draws all its power completely from the PV generator and not from the grid. The power generated by PV system is exactly equal to power consumed by the air-conditioning system.
- 4. Photovoltaic Air Conditioning & Power Generation Mode:: In this mode, the power generated by the PV system is more than the power consumed by the air-conditioning system. The excess power generated is then supplied to the grid in real time.
- 5. Photovoltaic Air Conditioning & Power Consumption Mode: In this mode, the power generated by the PV system is less than the power consumed by the air-conditioning system. The air-conditioning system then consumes all the power generated by the PV system and additionally consumes power from the grid.